SandBows Wrap Up Regular Season At Big West Championship
Hawaii's beach team will head for the inaugural Big West Beach Championsuip at Huntington Beach , CA this weekend as the # 1 seed. The double elimination tournament will be held at the Beach Street courts at the intersection of Beach Blvd. and Pacific Coast Highway ( Map ) .
Bracket: With Dates and Times.
Coming off of a second place finish at the Aloha Invitational Hawai`i will use this tournament to sharpen skills and prepare for the upcoming NCAA nationals. While you never know what the NCAA will do Hawai`i is expected to be one of eight teams selected to participate when the bracket is announced on May 1st @ 4pm HST on NCAA.com.
* Nikki Taylor and Ka'iwi Schucht were named this week's Big West Pairs Team of the Week. Hawai`i duos have won the weekly conference award seven of eight weeks this season.
* The organizers of the Aloha Invitational announced on Twitter that a delayed broadcast of the recent Aloha Invitational finals is scheduled for 9am HST, May 21st on the CBS Sports Channel ( Ch. 247 ).
* Our 2016 recruits Norene Iosia 5'10 Setter, Kirsten Sibley 6'2 OH and Emma Smith 5'7 Libero will wrap up their club careers this weekend (April 29-May 1) at the Junior Nationals in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
* McKenna Ross an outside hitter/opp from Aliso Niguel High School in California and Laguna Beach VBC announced on Twitter that she has committed to UH. Ross graduates in 2016 and is between 5'9 and 5'11 depending on where you get your information.
* There has also been internet rumors that another 6'2 middle will join the Wahine in 2017 but so far there has been no confirmation from her club or the player.